Rhinoplasty is a procedure involving different techniques for operations, which changes the functional as well as aesthetic property of a person’s nose. The nose can be accessed with the help of the incisions which are placed inside the nose. This kind of technique is known as closed rhinoplasty. External approach to the nose has become popular only in the recent times. Earlier internal rhinoplasty was the only option for the people. Similar principles are applied in both kinds of rhinoplasties no matter whichever approach a person takes.
Some basic properties of closed rhinoplasty are:
- This kind of angioplasty decreases the need for dissection done surgically.
- A decrease in the potential for post-operative scars.
- The exact modifications which are required can be made.
- The time for the operation is shortened by quite a bit.
- Complete absence of the chances of occurring of scars.
- The normal appearance can be gained very easily and quickly.
- The ability to feel the changes made to the nose becomes quicker.
The experienced surgeons make use of both endonasal and external techniques for achieving the desired results. The decision to select a particular technique depends completely on the conditions and indications shown by the patient.